A 30 minute ride after work (a tempo ride from the Have Mercy) 11.93 kms.
aPRIL fOOLS
Same 30 minute workout after work = 11.90 km, consistent effort from yesterday! Boy, I'm tired and sore though.
April 2nd.
A bit better tonight, not sure where the energy came from cause I didn't get to my bike til 10pm after, work, errands, dinner, and grocery shopping. I did the 30 minute ride with 12.2 km. The total on my odometer since Scott got it for just a bit over a month ago is 310.3, which I don't think it a great amount, but since this is all on the bike trainer riding with spinerval workout DVDs - so tough rides. Once I get on the open road, and commuting to work the kms will add up!
April 4th
I didn't keep it up, I was just too darn tired last night to cycle after a day of painting (no renos in our house never end). I probably needed a rest day anyhow. Just finished an hour tonight and the dreams of getting my bike out of the basement this weekend kept me working hard. The rumour was it was suppose to be 10 C on Sunday here in Winnpeg - yes, you read that correctly +10C, yah, that was a big fat lie spread by some nasty weather reporter. Later today they were saying 2C with an overnight low of -14C. So much for cycling in shorts, but the pavement is dry so I'm getting this baby on the road. I'll have to post a pic of my odometer after the ride so you believe me.
K, now that I've put in the training I can go enjoy a guilt-free Friday night (well not too guilt free I've been trying to eat better to go along with the training, not that I ever really eat poorly - but just less junk I guess, and fewer beer cause that can pack on the pounds). Cheers! TGIF!
April 6th
First ride on the road this year. It was great ! I went with my good friends Bob & Margaret to Bird's Hill provincial park. It was a chilly 1C. I don't have cycling shoes yet, or any kind of booty to keep my feet warm, so as suggested by Bob I duct taped the top of my running shoes, covering the mesh, keeping out the wind and successfully keeping my feet warm. There were quite a few people meeting up for the ride. It was a group that are training to do a series of rides that are 200km a day. Of course I didn't keep up with this finely tuned group of athletes with their speedy road bikes, but I didn't get lapped and kept up my own good pace. Did 36 km in 1 hour 41 minutes, 3 laps of the park loop. The wind was cold, and during parts of the ride there was a really good head wind, but there was sun. Thanks to Bob & Margaret for inviting me out on this ride, and getting me out on the road.

No comments:
Post a Comment