Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Training - April 14th to 20th

Friday April 18th


Rode to work again this morning. It really is a great way to start the day. Wake you up, get you energized (although the cold shower at work does that well too!). Biking home is great too, because by the time I get home I've cleared my head of all work-related thoughts (usually).





Thursday April 17th



I took the day off from work to run a million and one errands. And took the day off from anything related to the cycle.



Wednesday April 16th

The law of the wind " always blow against the cyclist"... wind direction shifted and I had a head wind all the way home on Tuesday night from work. Figures.



Wednesday night, I made plans to cycle with my mother-in-law, Sophie. We made all the timing arrangements and still somehow managed to miss each other! ah, well. It was still a nice night and I cycled out to Headingly and back ~21km.






Tuesday April 15th



Road the bike to work. But holy cow, there is still crazy wind. There was a wicked wind from the south, and of course law states this will be blowing as a head wind for the cyclist trying to pedal to work! May be I'll luck out and it will be blowing the same direction on the way home - and I can make it home in record time! It's threatening rain, so a fast ride home would be nice.

Monday April 14th
No cycling today, the wind would knock you over sideways! And although I realize these are conditions I might have to deal with during the tour - I had the choice to go out this night. Instead I ran with our dog, she needed it, and I still got a good workout. My husband, I and our good friends Tom & Brekyn are on the waiting list for the EcoAdventure this weekend at Fort Whyte - I will be doing one of the running sections if we get in - so running has been a work-out priority for me as well. It's too bad we didn't register earlier - it sure looks like this race would be alot of fun!




No comments: