After the first outdoor ride on Sunday, I was keen to keep up the road cycling.
Monday was a day off.
Got home from work Tuesday evening and pedaled over to my in-laws just on an errand - not far only 7km round trip.
Wednesday morning I got geared up and rode to work. Generally the roads were dry, but through Assiniboine forest and part of the Wilkes bike path were slick ice! I had to get off and walk as I have my road tires on my bike right now. Its 22 km round trip to work, took me about 45 minutes each way that day but that was slow because of the ice. I got home, had supper with my brother and then he dragged me out for a run, about 45 minutes. I was beat.
Thursday I had a massage appointment after work (I see Katherine at St. James Massage Clinic ), and so didn't want to ruin that great massage! It was a night off.
Tonight, however its on the bike! Haven't decided yet if it's going to be indoors or out.
I have solidified the logistics of my major fundraising event - and this weekend will up date you all on that. Saturday night, we're having a bunch of people over for charity poker - half the cash will go toward my fundraising. And Sunday morning is the April Habitat Clinic. It will be a busy weekend all involving the tour!
April 13th
Saturday morning I rolled out of bed and pulled on my cycling tights, had a quick bowl of cereal while I psyched myself up for the ride. My brother emerged from his lare in our basement at about the same time and I talked him into keeping me company on the ride. The two of us mounted our bikes (Al on my husband's mountain bike) and headed west. We rode out to Headingly. It was about 27km roundtrip ~1:20 minutes. It was great.
April 14th
After having a bunch of people at our place to play poker until late in the night it was tough dragging myself out of bed to get to our Cycle of Hope meeting for 9:30. It was worth it however, as the poker game raised a $100 for the cause, and everyone seemed to have a great time.
The Cycle meeting was great, we went over bike maintenance. Something I seriously need to learn more about and work on developing that skill set and habit. That reminds me my chain sounded squeaky on the way to work this morning - must clean and grease that up! After the meeting, I headed to the Bike Expo at Sir John Franklin in search of cycling shoes and pedals - but had no luck. Would prefer to buy them second hand as the expenses of being involved in this tour can add up.

No comments:
Post a Comment