Sunday, April 27, 2008

Training - Week of April 21 to 27th



Well, things didn't start off very well this week. I was out of town for work - Sunday night through Wednesday night. So those days were a write-off for training.




AND THEN IT SNOWED! Wednesday night was the incident. I was pissed. I had hoped not the bring my bike back to the bike trainer. Had prayed that training would only be outdoors from now on. but seriously who was I kidding! This is Winterpeg, and we couldn't get away with out another storm or 2.




So Thursday I moved my bike from the shed, back into the basement, and onto the bike trainer. Put on my shorts, turned on the TV, pressed PLAY on Coach Troy, and cycled for a 45 minute workout in the basement. It was ok, but not the freedom of the road I had been getting excited by.




Friday was a lazy day.




Saturday I needed to put in serious time and effort. I turned on HGTV (I'm a home reno junkie) and I trained with the show. On commericals gearing up and standing up on the bike for tougher workout, and during the show gearing down but keeping my cadence high. It was good for an hour and a half and then I needed some extra motivation. I turned on Coach Troy, and pushed through the 2 hour mark. After I was done, I was tried, but not beat. It was a 48 km ride in my basement. Not shabby.




Today, I'm going to do something, but haven't yet talked myself into getting outdoors. The habitat cycle group was meeting this morning to cycle to St. Adolphe but I couldn't get myself organized for that early this morning, plus I'm still being a bit of a wimp, its cold out. I think it has warmed a bit, and the pavement is dry - maybe I will get outside.

18:48 Sunday
I did it (with some motivation from my Scotty), him and I got the bikes back outside. It took alot today to over come my urge to just stay in my PJs all day and be laaaaaaaaazy. Despite the wicked head wind we biked to Fort Whyte and back, a 15 km bike, that we took at a speed as far from leisurely as it could be. Got home, and I was just feeling warmed up, but decided I really was tired from the 50km yesterday and had some bike maintenance to take care of, so, I opted for that instead of continuing the ride with Scott. I hope to ride to work tomorrow, and was thinking on the way home I should do a few loops up the hill on Wilkes (one of the few places to actually pedal up hill besides the over passes!), I'll keep you posted.

No comments: