Sunday, March 16, 2008

Training - Week of March 10 to 16th

March 10, 2008
Did a 40 minute ride after work. The spin workout (DVD) was called "Muscle Breakdown" - yup I feel it.

March 13th
Been a bit of a slacker this week, and wasn't feeling so hot tonight. I did get on my bike for a mini-ride of 20 minutes.

This weekend is our March- Cycle of Hope Clinic. This is the first chance I will have had to met the whole team, as I've been out of town for work during the January and February meetings. Looking forward to meeting the team!



March 15th

This morning the Cycle of Hope team met at the Habitat for Humanity Re-store for the March Cycle of Hope Clinic. The main topics of this meeting was nutrition & fundraising - but we talked about many of the logical and planning aspects of the trip. I took away alot of very useful info from the many experienced cyclists about gear and nutrition - I'm going to make notes about alot of these things in a separate posting, such as: cycle tips, gear must haves & things to remember.

It was great to met the group. Seems the majority of the cyclists have been involved with the Cycle of Hope in previous years. I had to dash off shortly after the more formal part of our meeting so I unfortunately didn't get to personally meet too many other cyclists, but there is lots of time for that in upcoming meetings and fundraisers.



March 16th

Did a 30 minute tempo ride. This work out is part of the "Tough Love" spinervals workout DVD, and this 30 minute session is a great workout when I don't have more than 1/2 hour.

No comments: